Friday, August 21, 2009

Thankful

In light of my recent posts which have been full of complaints, frustrations, and me just being whiny, I was thinking today about things that I am thankful for. Here are the main ones:

My husband, Derek. He is racking up MAJOR brownie points these days for dealing with me while pregnant! Derek is my best friend, my rock, my consoler, my everything. If I didn't have him supporting me through all of this right now I don't think I could make it. He always makes me laugh when I'm sad, and when he knows I just need to cry he willing sacrafices his white undershirts to my mascara while holding me. It's crazy to think of how much more I love him today than yesterday.




My Family! This one doesn't include Kelsey and Caleb because they couldn't make it to our wedding, but this group of people means the world to me. We were constantly moving as little kids, and we had to depend on each other for support. It's taken us several years to get to the closeness we're at right now, and it's been amazing to develop better relationships with my siblings. My parents went through a lot of tears, stress, anxiety, etc to get all us of to the point where we're at today. My parents are amazing, and I wish I had been willing to see that in high school. I cannot wait for them to get to know their grandson, he is going to have wonderful grandparents not only from my side, but from Derek's side as well!

Yesterday, at my doctor's appointment, I only gained 1.5 lbs!!! She weighed me before they made me pee in a cup so I probably didn't gain 1.5lbs in 2 weeks, it was probably closer to 1 lb. I am still under the number on the scale that would send me into an emotional breakdown. 9 weeks to go, hopefully I will only gain 3 more pounds in the upcoming 9 weeks to stay under those dreaded 3 numbers that would make me lose it. But enough on that, I'm just happy that my weight hasn't continued to sky rocket and seems to have slown down quite a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment