Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GD Test = Fail

Yup, I failed the stupid 1-hour GD test and have to take the WONDERFUL (sarcasm) 3 hour test on Saturday. What does that mean? It means fasting, double the glucola, and blood draws at 1 hour, 2 hour, and 3 hours. What does this mean for Arwen? I am pissed beyond belief and am almost guaranteed to pass out on Saturday. Great, that's exactly how I want to spend my Saturday morning. This also means that I won't be able to see my really close friend, Rachel, who is in town on Saturday.

Sometimes I think Derek's right when he says that pregnancy is a scam. Think about all of the people who are making money by me having to do the 3 hour test. The company who makes gucoloa, my doctor's office, the lab place, and of course my wonderful insurance company. I don't think this is necessary I do not have GD, sorry that I failed the test but they flippin made me drink straight up sugar and then decided it would be "genius" to see what my sugar levels were right after. Yes, that sounds like a fabulous idea, everyone but the pregnant woman wins because they're all getting paid by ensuring that I fail the test.

I'm starting to see the logic of people who forgo the doctors all together and go all granola and natural.