Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

Today was great, Derek surprised me by taking me to Grand Haven so I could enjoy the beach! The weather looked sketchy this morning, but we arrived and while it was overcast, it was still fairly warm out. These days it's almost impossible for me to get comfortable, and I've been having really severe back pain. Our glorious day at the beach lasted for about 1.5 hours or so before we headed home. I felt really bad because Derek wanted to surprise me and spend the whole day there, but he willingly packed up and drove us home to relax for the rest of the day. We're not doing fireworks, neither of us feels that they are really all that special, they are at every sporting event, theme parks, and any other random celebration these days. Rather than fight off the traffic and try to find a good spot around people who aren't obnoxious we will stay in like an old married couple!





Here's an updated picture of our growing baby. This is me at 25 (24 weeks and 3 days) weeks pregnant!



In other news, I finally found a dress to wear to my sister, Jessie's, wedding in July! I had such a difficult time finding an inexpensive, nice dress that would be suitable for a wedding. I dropped it off at the seamstress to have about 8-10" taken off so it would hit my knees and be full length.

No comments:

Post a Comment