Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lopsided

My left ankle is the size of a grapefruit and my right one is regular sized. In addition to only one leg/ankle being swollen I feel like a drumstick ready to be fried. I just finished my nightly slathering of oil and lotion in a quest to prevent stretch-marks, this always leaves me feeling like something that needs to be put into frying pan and then eaten. This leads me to another thing, I have trees of veins that were nicely hidden pre-pregnancy that are now appearing and they kinda gross me out. I remind myself of one of the bodies in the bodies exhibit where it was all veins in blue. Seeing veins reminds me of blood, which reminds me of needles, and reminds me that at 28 weeks I have to drink the nasty syrup stuff, wait an hour and then get stabbed by a HUGE needle and blood sucked out for a stupid test. Women have been getting pregnant and delivering healthy babies for centuries, and never had to give blood 3 different times while being pregnant. One last gripe, when the baby kicks it has a very similar feel to gas in my tummy. I feel like an 85 year old lady : (

No comments:

Post a Comment