Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

My dad is one of the most important people in my life, and I wanted to take a short moment to write what I love most about my dad!


My dad is the best listener I know. He has this great way of being able to give me advice from not only his perspective as my father, but can also remove himself personally and give me unbiased wisdom.


No matter how much time has passed since I last have seen my dad, he gets so excited to see me and his smile lights up. I can always expect a huge hug and "Arwen it's so good to see you!" from him regardless of if I saw him just the other day.


My dad is a man of faith and can always point me in the right direction and give me sound spiritual advice.


Most of all, my dad has proven time and time again that his love for me is unconditional. I was a brat for many years, and regardless of what I did, he may have been disappointed, worried, scared, hurt, angry, etc, but the one thing that I never had to question was his love for me. I could always count on him to continue to love and support me regardless of the decisions I made.


As Derek approaches fatherhood sometime in October, I know that he will love our little candy corn more than life. I see the way that Derek interacts with other kids and know that he will be the best dad he can be. My hope is that our little man will look up to his daddy one day and love him as much as he was and is loved. I know that as long as Derek follows our true dad (God), that he will be able to show that to our son too.


Happy Father's Day to my dad and my husband who is going to be a dad!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this. Mom just pointed it out and warned me that I'd better grab the Kleenex box. While I can think of so many times I fell short of all that I wished to do and be with you, your kind words are so encouraging. I feel so fortunate to have you, your amazing husband, and a soon-to-be-met and already loved new grandson among those I love so much. Dad.

    ReplyDelete