Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby Weight

The brutal truth, I gained just shy of 50 pounds while pregnant (it was closer to 48, but I'm rounding today) and on my 5' 2.5" frame it was a lot to handle, it gave me a glimpse of what life would be like if I was seriously overweight. I vowed to never weigh that much again (unless if I'm preggers again, and hopefully I won't put on 50lbs with kid #2), and to do my best to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight ASAP. 40 pounds lighter, I cannot get those last 10 to go, and they need to take a hike.

So far this is what I've been doing to lose the weight:
1. Breastfeeding
2. TRYING to not eat as many sweets - now that the holidays are over it should be a little easier
3. Working out with EA Sports Active on my Wii Fit

My sister called me the other day looking for a workout buddy, someone to help keep her accountable and encourage her and she would do the same for me. Despite her living in Romania I figured it would be nice to have someone there to cheer me on, and it would help me stay in better touch with her too!

The new plan:
1. continue Breastfeeding
2. stay active on BabyFit and do the exercises they recommend and use their recipe planner stuff
3. Do EA Sport Active for 20 minutes 4x a week, and Wii Fit Plus stuff on my days off

I know, it took 9 months to put it on, it should take 9 months to take it off, but I've never been a patient person, those last 10 need to go, so here is my new goal list:

1. Lose the last 10 pounds by my birthday, March 29
2. Lose an additional 7 pounds by my anniversary, June 5
3. Do ab exercises to tighten up the jelly that I now call my tummy

And because my son is the cutest kid ever, here's a picture of him smiling and a small confession...he looks better in maize and blue than he does in green and white, something that I refuse to admit to Derek, but he'll read this soon enough anyway:

Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment