Thursday, April 29, 2010

1 month down 4 to go!

Well, I've completed month 1 of my elimination diet, and it has been a complete nightmare. Among my list of foods I cannot eat are: gluten, yeast, dairy, sugar, and that's just the beginning. Do you realize that there is sugar in EVERYTHING? No lie - next time you buy chicken stock from the store, read the label and you will find sugar! What in the world? I have had an impossible time finding food to eat and adding flavor to it, for the simple reason that everything seems to have at least 1 ingredient that is on my "do not eat" list.

I guess the only good side to this diet is that I've dropped 10 more pounds, although I had already hit my pre-pregnancy weight and wasn't really looking to lose anymore. Someone pointed out to me yesterday that I would probably gain back a lot of weight once this diet is over. I sure hope that doesn't happen, although I would give a few fingers and toes to have a piece of pizza right now.

In other news, Dax hates eating solid foods. I think we may hold out and try again in a few weeks. He'll take 1 or 2 bites and then keeps his mouth shut the rest of the time. It's pretty comical to watch, but slightly frustrating at the same time, I guess my baby just prefers his mommy milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment