Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day of Grandpas

Today was our first road trip and will be our first weekend away from home! While Derek is out hunting Bambi or Bambi's mom, Dax and I headed down to my mom and dad's house for the weekend. I'm not ready to spend the night alone with little D yet!!

Since we were in town, we headed over to Dax's great-grandpa's place for his first visit and a photo shoot. Needless to say, my Grandpa Bill was so happy to see his newest great-grandchild.

Dax really was in a good mood during this picture, we just caught him mid-stretch. He had been sleeping up until I took him out of his carseat, he woke up long enough to get a few pictures with his great-grandpa McKinley, and then promptly fell back asleep after the short visit was over.


My dad was also thrilled to see Dax today. Dax loves his Grandpa Winters and even was able to get a bottle from him tonight. I think they both enjoyed the bonding time, this picture shows it all - Dax looking up at my dad.

I am enjoying being off of diaper duty while I'm here, although I will be back on it tonight while everyone is sleeping, but I've had a nice break so far. Speaking of diapers, I cannot be happier with our decision to use cloth diapers. They are working out so well and we are saving so much money by using them. I don't mind the extra load of laundry every 2 days. So far we had more leaks and accidents when we were using the disposable diapers we received from the hospital than we have had with our Bum Genius diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment