Friday, September 11, 2009

6 - 8 Weeks To Go!

I hit the 34 week mark this past week, and that means I have 6 to 8 weeks left before our sweet little son arrives. The baby has continued to remain very active, it feels as if the energizer bunny is living in my belly! He still likes to practice his soccer kicking skills inside my right ribs. Usually some bio-freeze mixed with a hot pack help alleviate some of that discomfort.

After this next week's appointment, we will start seeing our mid-wife every week until the baby decides it is time to be born. 6 more weeks will put me at 40 weeks, but our mid-wife will let us go to 42 weeks before any action is taken to push this little one out! Derek and I have been going to our birthing classes, and this next week we will be doing a "practice" labor session to go over the relaxation techniques and all of that fun stuff. Our instructor has already given us some tips on how to speed up your labor process. I have told Derek that I do not care how uncomfortable I am, that he needs to make me do those things so that we can be in and out! Yes, we are doing an all natural birth, and are looking forward to it. Mostly we're looking forward to meeting our son, regardless of how long it takes him to say hello :)