Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Springtime!

Spring is somewhat here, and I have never been more ready for nice weather. I absolutely hate Winter, I can put up with it through January 1, and then I strongly feel that it should go away until the following November. Seeing green on trees and flowers popping up out of the ground has me feeling more motivated and happier these days. I'm sure Derek is enjoying my better mood! We are leaving for Europe in 15 days, and I cannot wait to go. There's a large part of me that wants to permanently "miss" our return flights home and stay over there forever. I know that Derek won't let that happen, but a large part of me wishes it would.

Our first ultrasound is tomorrow, and I am getting really excited, although I'm not looking forward to the doctor pressing the ultrasound thing against my bladder for 1 hour. Hopefully pee-wee will cooperate with his/her positioning and I won't have to do any funky moves to try and get the baby to move!! I started my second sewing project for the baby, this one is if it's a girl. I already completed the boy one, I guess a large part of me wants a boy. I wouldn't be upset if I had a girl, but I am hoping for a boy so that we can have a girl next and she will have an older brother. Plus if we have a boy, lots of our friends have recently had boys so we will have lots of hand me down clothes to pick from!! Of course there is still a small part of me that is wishing for twins so that I would have both kids right away and I wouldn't have to be pregnant ever again :) :) :) :)

I've been thinking about finding some volunteer work to do in the area that is related to international development. It's always been a strong interest of mine (at least since college) and now that I'm not doing anything related to international development, I feel as if volunteering would be the best way to include that in my life. I haven't decided where/what I would like to do. I don't want to do work for a non-profit where I would just sit behind a desk or just answer phones. I did do some volunteer work with refugees in the Lansing area in college, but I got so frustrated because the work wasn't proactive. People came to us and not vice versa, I guess it just wasn't what I had anticipated it to be like. I'll have to do some more research, with MSU nearby I know there have to be several different options.

No comments:

Post a Comment