Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Update - 14 Weeks

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and I am very thankful to be phasing out of the first trimester woes. It's hard to realize that I'm already 14 weeks along, it seems like it was just yesterday that I was in the bathroom taking 6 different pregnancy tests. I have not yet had an ultrasound, but we did get to listen to the heartbeat a few weeks ago which was really cool!! My first ultrasound is next week, and that should be a fun visit. I'm still not thrilled with my OB-GYN, but I don't really feel as if I have a lot of options. I love the doctor, but the staff there are horrendous. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you should be treated respectfully at the doctor's and not treated like a dollar sign!!

My mom and I went shopping this past weekend for maternity clothes galore and I am realizing more and more that it is very diffcult to find quality maternity clothes nearby. We drove to Maumee, OH for one store, and I ended up leaving with about 4-5 bags full of clothes at the end of the day. Noone ever told me how comfortable maternity pants were...if I had known I probably would have worn them sooner when my regular pants weren't fitting. I'm starting to show a little bit, but not enough that people would be able to realize that I'm pregnant, if anything they probably think I'm just porking out a little bit. I haven't had any weird cravings, but I have been sneezing all the time. I did some research, and I'm not crazy, it is because I'm pregnant. It's suposssed to calm down, and I haven't seen a huge difference yet, but I'm still hopeful.

On a side note, Derek and I are leaving for Europe in 22 days and I(we) cannot wait! Our first stop is in Romania, we're going to visit Kelsey and Caleb and take them on a vacation. We're going to see the Dracula's Castle , I think this will be a fun place to visit for all 4 of us. After our trip to Brasov, we will head to Brussels for 3 days to spend some time with my host families from when I lived in Belgium. I haven't seen my families since 2004, and I'm really looking forward to having Derek get to know them as well. After Brussels we're heading to Scotland for 6 days, we head back to Michigan on the 6th day there. We'll spend a few days in Perth, and a few days in St Andrews. I think I'm looking forward to the time in Belgium the most, just because I have missed my families there so much. I can't wait to see Caleb again and hang out with him too, I haven't spent time with him in person since my mom and I went to Romania for Christmas a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment