Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dax's First Birthday Party

We went with a Halloween themed party this year, and it was a success! I was pretty stressed out about getting everything done, and I wish I had made and/or bought a few more decorations, but this was truly the first birthday party I have ever thrown, and it was a pretty big learning experience for me :) I am also proud to announce that I did not have a breakdown until after Dax went to bed last night, I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that my baby will be 1 on Monday.

The cake is not what I had originally attempted to do, but it was the next best option when we didn't have a cake the day of the party :)

CIMG2063

I also made up some cupcakes that were inspired by my friend Joanne, who made some Candy Corn Cupcakes (for what it's worth, I used a cream cheese frosting, which I probably wouldn't do again if I wanted to pipe frosting on, it doesn't hold it's shape very well once the frosting gets room temperature):

CIMG2060

We also had some homemade pumpkin cheesecake bars with oreo crusts, and little ghosts on top (these are so delicious, i had one for breakfast!):

CIMG2057

The table setup:

CIMG2062

The decorations:

CIMG2061

And the birthday boy himself with his first piece of cake!

CIMG2071

It was everywhere :)

CIMG2079

And here he is with his present from mama and daddy:

CIMG2087

3 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Those cheesecake bars look super yummy and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a blast. The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The cupcakes look great! (and yes, cream cheese frosting is delicious but tough to work with!) Looks like a wonderful party - Arwen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete