Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dax's First Birthday Party

We went with a Halloween themed party this year, and it was a success! I was pretty stressed out about getting everything done, and I wish I had made and/or bought a few more decorations, but this was truly the first birthday party I have ever thrown, and it was a pretty big learning experience for me :) I am also proud to announce that I did not have a breakdown until after Dax went to bed last night, I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that my baby will be 1 on Monday.

The cake is not what I had originally attempted to do, but it was the next best option when we didn't have a cake the day of the party :)

CIMG2063

I also made up some cupcakes that were inspired by my friend Joanne, who made some Candy Corn Cupcakes (for what it's worth, I used a cream cheese frosting, which I probably wouldn't do again if I wanted to pipe frosting on, it doesn't hold it's shape very well once the frosting gets room temperature):

CIMG2060

We also had some homemade pumpkin cheesecake bars with oreo crusts, and little ghosts on top (these are so delicious, i had one for breakfast!):

CIMG2057

The table setup:

CIMG2062

The decorations:

CIMG2061

And the birthday boy himself with his first piece of cake!

CIMG2071

It was everywhere :)

CIMG2079

And here he is with his present from mama and daddy:

CIMG2087

4 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Those cheesecake bars look super yummy and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a blast. The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The cupcakes look great! (and yes, cream cheese frosting is delicious but tough to work with!) Looks like a wonderful party - Arwen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a wonderful setup for your son’s birthday party with amazing food and decorations. The birthday boy is looking very cute and adorable in these lovely pictures. I’m also arranging an awesome party on the occasion of my daughter’s 2nd birthday this weekend at one of the popular Chicago venues.

    ReplyDelete