Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! It's weird for me to realize that next year I will be a mom and celebrating this holiday! We drove in to Kalamazoo yesterday to spend Mother's day with Derek's family. Lisa and Dan (sister-in-law and brother-in-law) and their son, Zach, were in town as well! As much as I love Zach (he's almost 16 months old), I am overwhelmed sometimes by how much effort it takes to be a mom and a dad. To the point that I realize neither Derek nor I am fully prepared for what we will be experiencing in about 5 months. There is so much pressure to raise your childen properly, and I stress that the mistakes we will make will leave our children in lifelong therapy. I'm sure it will all work out and be fine, but it's just very stressful for me to realize that the life and care of an infant will be in my hands in 5 months and I am clueless. I can change a diaper but that's about it!

I have another ultrasound scheduled for this upcoming Thursday. I'll be about 17 weeks along, so I'm hoping that maybe the doctor will be able to tell if pee-wee is a boy or girl!! I was hoping to find out before I go to Romania so I could tell my sister, Kelsey, as a part of her birthday present. If I don't find out, we will know June 4. I have been feeling a lot better these days, with so much more energy. Lately I have had this weird desire to clean...and I hate cleaning! I think it's because I have more energy so I actually can take care of the apartment. Once I found out if we're having a boy or girl I will be able to decorate the baby's room.

We leave on vacation on Friday and I cannot wait to go! It's going to be great to see Caleb again and have him meet Derek! We have changed our plans slightly while we're in Scotland. Instaed of going to St. Andrews for a few days, we will be spending the second half of our week in Edinburgh. There are so many things we wanted to see Scotland, but that will need to be reserved for a second trip! The one thing I need to make sure I bring back are some Kinder Bueno Bars. They are my favorite candy in the world, and even though sweets aren't really my thing these days I know my sweet tooth will return and I will be glad to have them available. I usually have my parents pick me some up when they come back from Romania. I plan on stocking up. I don't know how I'm going to make it through working this week, I am so excited to leave that I wish we were leaving today!

No comments:

Post a Comment